Saturday, August 9, 2014

July Favorites

Its hard to believe that the month of July has come and gone. It seems like it was just yesterday we were celebrating a new year. But none the less, it is August and that means it is that time of month again where I give you some of my July favorites. I tried to compromise my list down a little bit to my top few since this month I had quite a few favorites. Hope you enjoy!!

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I have read a few books in the last month, but I have to say that this one was my favorite. I went into reading this book thinking that it was going to be really sad and depressing. But it proved me wrong. It left me thinking about how I treat people and how things I say and do can effect others. So what was the book about? Well, the book is told from the perspective of Clay Jenson, a smart and well liked high scholar who comes home to a mysterious book filled with cassette taps. This alone surprises Clay but he soon finds out that Hannah Baker, classmate and crush, has made these cassettes. See Hannah had committed suicide two weeks earlier. Leaving the entire school wondering why. Over the next few hours, Clay is thrown into the life of Hannah as she describes the thirteen reasons or people who caused her to committee suicide. I found this book to be so inspirational in the regards to how what you say and do can effect people. Sometimes what you don't say and do. It was a great read that I would suggest everyone to read but especially teenagers in high school and even middle school.

http://www.amazon.com/Thirteen-Reasons-Why-Jay-Asher/dp/159514188X

Sea Salt Spray
Now I have said before how much I love sea salt spray and how it does wonders for my hair. I even had sea salt spray in my June favorites but I just had to bring it back. The only difference from last months sea salt spray is that the one I have been loving this month is my homemade sea salt spray. I love this spray because one, it is a lot cheaper than the one I buy from the store and two, it works just as well and is more natural. To make this sea salt spray yourself, just click the picture below.

http://its-just-faith.blogspot.com/2014/08/diy-sea-salt-spray.html
 
I have had a hard time trying to find a curling iron that works for my long and thin hair that helps to hold a curl for a good amount of time. And I believe that I have finally found one. I have been using this curling iron a lot over the last month and it is working so well. This iron really works to make and keep a good, long lasting curl that I am loving. It also helps that it heats up pretty quick and it does not take long on my hair for it to form a curl. So its great for when you are running behind or you just want a real quick hair fix. I believe I found this curling iron at a local Walgreens but you can also get it online as well. It is also not a big, expensive one either which is great.
 
http://www.conair.com/instant-heat-1-curling-iron-p-78-1_73_10.html
 


I have always been a big mascara girl and can never get enough of them. I have recently been looking for a mascara that I could use for an everyday, simple look. I was looking for awhile and I think I have finally found one. I have always really liked CoverGirl so I was not surprised that this mascara works so well. One of the first things I noticed that I love is that the brush really gets all my lashes and helps to spread them out. The actual mascara itself is thick enough to help hold the lashes but light enough that you don't really feel it on your eyes. 

                           
 

L'oreal Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Along with my love for all things involving eyes, I am more obsessed with lipsticks. So I am more then willing to try anything when it comes to lips. That is why I had to try these sort of lip "crayons." I'm not going to lie, I went in thinking that they were not going to be really good or any different from lipstick. But I was pleasantly surprised. The only way to really describe this sort of lip crayon is a gloss with a little longer lasting color. Not to mention the Ginger Candy that I have been loving is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this product for a simple, easy everyday look.
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/products/makeup/lips/lip-gloss-balm/colour-riche-glossy-balm.aspx
 
I think it is starting to become obvious that I love the Essie nail polish line. I use them a lot and love their long range of colors. Since it is summer, coral colors are in and are thriving. So I went out to try to find a nice coral color for my nails and I have found it. The color California Coral is so pretty and I love it. Not to mention, Essie nail polish's last awhile and do not chip as quickly as other nail polishes I have tried.
 
http://www.essie.com/Colors/Corals/california-coral.aspx


Well that is all for my July Favorites. I have a few more, but I did not want to bore you with a really long list. But none the less, I hope you enjoyed and found this to be a helpful post. Sorry that it is a week into August but I really wanted to get last weeks post out so I thought that I would just do July favorites this week. I hope you don't mind. Well I love you all long time and Ill see you next week. Until next time my friends,
<3


 
 

2 comments :

  1. I've read "Thirteen Reasons Why" and it is definitely a book to make you think and put things into perspective. It toys with the heart strings a bit, which I think makes for a great novel. Great post!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Stop by my blog for all of the details! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely played with my heart strings! But it was a great book. Thank you so much for nominating me!! It means a lot.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to read my post and leave a comment. It means a lot to me!!
<3